Who's the largest publisher?

HorizonHse@aol.com HorizonHse at aol.com
Tue Jan 29 09:32:24 CET 2002

Hi, all.

I don't know who's the world's largest publisher, but according to Disney's
annual report, which arrived today, the company considers publishing as
"perhaps our longest-running international success story, having begun in the
early 1930s. . . . They state that "we are now the world's largest publisher
of children's books and magazines, putting out publications that are read by
100 million people in 55 languages in 74 countries." Given the squishiness of
corporate statements, this could mean several different things, but there it
is.

Disney's also working on a "Walt Disney Studios Paris" theme park next to
Disneyland Resort Paris, modeled after the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida.
Sorry about that. There's also going to be a Hong Kong Disneyland, scheduled
to open in 2006.

To be duck specific, has everyone noticed the huge number of Scrooges coming
out of Tokyo DisneySea -- cards, banks, statuettes, pvcs, folders, pencils,
pins, etc. Grab onto them while you can.

Regards.