DCML digest, Vol 1 #991 - 19 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Mon Jul 1 20:02:23 CEST 2002

Luca (and everybody):

>> The German Barks Library says it has been redrawn by Daan Jippes and a team
>> of Dutch artists. Pages 1-5 and 10 look like Jippes.

>So, it's not made expecially for the USA publications. It seems to be made
        >for the Dutch DD and later reprinted in USA...

That's pretty much what I know about it. For the sake of completeness,
however, let me add that in the version that appeared in The Carl Barks
Library, Set VI, Volume One, there are a few panels depicting an African
native beating a drum. The faces on this native were redrawn by Another
Rainbow/Gladstone editor John Clark, to remove the "objectionable" facial
features that were still in the redrawn art.

This story's sure had a torturous existence.

Gary