DCML digest, Vol 1 #991 - 19 msgs

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Mon Jul 1 23:21:29 CEST 2002

Hallo, Sue and Gary Leach (and everybody):

>> The German Barks Library says it has been redrawn by Daan Jippes and a team
>> of Dutch artists. Pages 1-5 and 10 look like Jippes.

All this is very interesting. About Daan and his "remaking" old Barks'
stories, I also wish to know if "DD's Atom Bomb" redrawn by him for the
Dutch "Donald Duck" is the *same* version printed in
The Carl Barks Library, or a different one. Just today, incidentally I
stumped into an old catalogue that Daan sent me in the early 90es, where
many original pages by him were offered. Among them, there's also one of 'em
coming from "Race to South Seas", CBL
Set VI, Volume One). It's the same reprinted in DDA # 26, 1992 (but with the
pages' numberscut). Well, in DDA # 26 Daan is not credited, and the same
happened for the Italian translation of that story, in ZP 40.
In case of reprinting, it'd be necessary to do it, isn't it?

Thanks in advance,

Luca