R: Doctor Einmug

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Sun Jun 2 22:19:42 CEST 2002

Hello, I answer for what I can...

... Since that article, on "Mickey Parade", was written by me...

Well, Dr. Einmug, in his first story by Gottfredson, has a "black" fur, like
Horace, Mr. Gloomy and so on. I remember thata Scarpa told me about this
very issue, some years ago. HE decided to turn Einmug's skin/fur into pink,
because... In the Daily Strips of the 30es, there were NO colors. In
colorful world, things must be changed. The Beagle Boys are not black, for
example, since they were created for a comic book.
So, he hadn't a purple face, in the beginning. And he didn't have in the
Gladstone/Disney comic book version.

(about colors, Atomino Bipbip's color is usually blue, but I saw a lot of
publications in which he was pink, looking more like Eega Beeva.)

They are recourring mistakes. Scarpa statued "light blue" for his (and his
brother's) skins. But often the colorists don't follow the creators'
indications. In a non-Scarpa's story (drawn by Luciano Gatto), Atomino was
even colored in green, and in a story of mine, in two different  "puntate"
(parts) was light blue in one and pink in the other.

I think there is an explanation, that I want tell you the next time.

L.