Strange selections in Norwegian reprints

halvor@sandven.net halvor at sandven.net
Wed Jun 12 10:23:37 CEST 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:10:42 +0200 (CEST) "Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr."
<sigvald4 at yahoo.no> wrote:
>In Norway there are some extra publications like
>"Donald Duck & Co - Store Show", "Donald Duck & Co -
>Glade Show", etc. These comics magazines include
>reprints of older stories from DD&Co and Mikke Mus.
>This summer these stories are mostly from the period
>1989-1991. However not a single of Don Rosas stories
>from that period is reprinted in these magazines. Do
>anyone here know why?

I guess this isn't really that strange. Rosa's stories are special, and the
publishers don't want to use these in ordinary publications, such as those you
mentioned. I guess that they are saving these stories for either reprint in the
weekly 'Donald Duck' as this boosts sales, or maybe they are planning a special
publication in the future, collecting Rosa-stories. The Rosa-stories are
treasures that the publishers won't use just anywhere.

Halvor