Skunk oil/margarine

timo ronkainen timoro at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 28 12:29:25 CEST 2002

>>Barks' skunk oil factory was translated into margarine factory in

And because of this translation, we have had actual stories where we have
seen Donald working in margarine factory. One story even had streets of
Duckburg flooding with melted margarine. And statues made out of margarine
(quite silly).
About skunk oil, check this site about old remedies:

http://www.kanabechistory.com/amyscorner/amyscorner1.html
Remedies of the Old Days
By Amy Troolin, Research Room Coordinator
"Many people relied on skunk oil to cure their colds. Yes, skunk oil. Most
people put a few drops of the stuff onto a teaspoon of sugar; others
attempted an entire spoonful. Some even rubbed skunk oil on their chests for
easier breathing. "

Barks must have remembered his youth and the skunk oil remedy.
Yep!

Timo

^^''*''^^
Cartoonist - writer - donaldist -