Don in Torino

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Wed May 1 23:37:39 CEST 2002

Hi, Don, and all!

First of all, I want to thank Don Rosa a lot for his very, very appreciated
stay in Torino. I have the chance to say "ciao" to him only now, because
when I left, on Sunday afternoon, with Alberto Becattini, Don was somewher,
still busy making some of the hundred of drawing he made, with a very, very
hard schedule, every day. Really, I've seen no other comics artist so
"devoted" to his readership. And I think that this was the time in which Don
could see how much the love of his Italiar readers grew, in recent years,
since the requests of his art were so much.

So, thanks again, Don!
I really hope to stay with you a little bit more time, and in non-official
circumstances, next year, if you shall came back to Italy again, as a
"guest of honor" at Napoli Comicon, in Naples (Magica's home). The
convention, set into a huge castle on the top of the mountain, in front of
the Vesuvio volcano, shall be ALL dedicated to US comics.

*********

With Don, helped by Gianfranco Goria and Alberto Becattini, in Torino we
also recorded a long video interview to be shown at the next World Disney
Meeting, from the 13th to the 15th of May, in Stresa, with hundred of Disney
artists.

Thru his video camera, we had also the chance to lurk the huge, marvellous
Don's collection of comic books and figurines. It's the most important and
impressive collection of comics I ever have seen!

Ciao (for now),

Luca