Italian names?

Armando Botto armando.botto at libero.it
Mon Nov 4 23:14:28 CET 2002

Hi, Rich!

> Is the following list correct?  If you know any early or additional names
attributed to the characters, or have corrections to contribute, please
advise:

Let me add some minor notes to Tommy's:

> Beagle Boys = Banda Bassoti

Banda Bassotti. Originally translated as "Banda dei Segugi".

> Uncle Scrooge/Scrooge McDuck = Zio Paperone/Paperon de Paperoni

Paperon de' Paperoni.

> Madame Clara Cluck = Clara

I don't know if she was ever called Clara, but the usual translation is
Chiquita.

> Eega Beeva (Mickey's friend from the future) = Eta Beta

And, as I was discussing recently with... Eta Beta himself ;-), his full
name (Pittisborum Psercy Pystachi Pseter Psersimmon Plummer-Push) was
translated as "Pluigi Psalomone Pcalibano Psallustio Psemiramide". It's
curious to note that the translator didn't understand that the final "Push"
was part of the name; he thought it was a sighing sound, and translated it
as either "pfui" or "psaff"...

Ciao,
Armando