Money Bin plans ; F.L.Wright, F.L.Drake, F.L.Braque, K.D.Rosa, Dan Shane,... anybody else???

Goofy313g@aol.com Goofy313g at aol.com
Tue Nov 5 23:55:50 CET 2002

Hi!!!
I'm still building my section about real life characters which appears in person or by name in Rosa's and Barks' stories...
I need informations about the blueprints of the money bin...
I know they have been published as drawing in "Comic-Con International - San Diego 2001 Souvenir Book" and the Greek "Komix"#166, as a poster in 2001 in Sweden (code: XSC POSTER 2), and as a part of the story "the beagle boys vs the money bin", which has been published in Germany, Denmark, France, Finland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweded.

On the blueprints, in the rectangles at the bottom of each of the two plans, appears the name of the architect, and the name of the drawer.
In all the versions, the drawer is still Dan Shane. (Dan, that'd be great if you could give me a biography of you for my pages, but id understand if you refused to give personnal info about you...)
The name of the architect changes foR each version... In the drawing for Comic con, it's K.D. Rosa, meaning Keno Don Rosa (Hi, unca' keno!). Although the story hasn't been published in the us, Don Rosa revealed us that in his script, the name was F.L. Drake, which stands for Frank Lloyd Drake, a pun for the architect Frank Lloyd Wright... (talking about the value of unpublished material :))
In french, it's been translated F.L. Braque. I've seen the greek plans, but i couldn't read it, but it wasn't Don Rosa. I remember someone told me at the irc chat that the name in danish (well, i think it was danish, but i'm not sure about it...), was the name of another famous architect...

I'd want you dcmailers from around the world to give me the translation of the architect in your country, please.
the mention "Keno Rosa company" also appears in the rectangle... could you tell me how it's been translated in your countries too?
uuh... thanks

Gilles MAURICE