Wizened (OT)

M.J. Prior M.J.Prior at let.rug.nl
Fri Nov 15 13:10:56 CET 2002

Kriton:
> incorrectly associating the word "wizened" with the word "wise".
me> But there must be an etymological connection, mustn't there?
me> associating the two is maybe not such a mistake after all.

"Wizened" means someting like "dried out and wrinkled" and has thus
nothing to do with "wise". I should have looked it up (which I just did).
It's a word you can easily read over without looking it up in a dictionary,
as it is mostly used as an epitheton for old men. If incorrect, my wrong
assumption is at least understandable. Sorry for that.

Michiel Prior.