Disney Stores and Comic Books

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Mon Nov 25 21:34:29 CET 2002

L. Schulte wrote:

>I once received a reply from Gladstone Publishing about locating a rack of
>their comic books in the mall Disney Stores.  They said the Disney store
>people were dead set against any comic books in their stores!  It was
>unclear why,but there was no way even the high-priced large albums would be
>allowed in a Disney Store.  Curious: it is impossible to find anything
>about Duck Tales or Uncle Scrooge in a Disney store here in America.  Even
>Donald himself and the nephews are rarely found.

It's the same case for me here! I remember, a few years ago, seeing a
DuckTales cel hanging there, but that was about as close to Scrooge-related
merchandise I had seen.

Even in Disney World is Scrooge merchandise hard to come across. About four
years ago, when I was there, I bought a small Scrooge plush toy (I was ten at
the time, I believe), which was the only merchandise I had seen throughout
the entire park.

To top it all off, it was thrown in the bin with the really obscure, minor
characters from various Disney films. Argh!
--
Dane Martin
"I don't know from alliteration