L'uomo di Altacraz

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 25 23:33:09 CET 2002

Hi!

I just reread Scarpa's masterpiece Topolino e l'uomo di Altacraz (Escapee
from Altacraz, I TL 380-A). An amazing story indeed but there are a couple
of places where the translator seems to have made some mistakes (or script
s/he had received was faulty). On page 36 where chief O'Hara is about to
shoot escaping Geronimo and Mickey pushes his hand up. In Finnish versioon
O'Hara says "I'll shoot in the air!" which doesn't make any sense since
Mickey is desperately pushing O'Hara's hand up. Other suspicious line is
on page 38 panel 1 where MM and OH see Geronimo's car going on an
"airtrack". OH says "He drives on the airtrack." and MM says "Now he's
heading towards the amusement park." Especially MM's line doesn't make any
sense since he's watching his watch all the time.
Can someone with the original version find out what the characters are
saying at these moments?

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http://www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"Tuo karamellisade tekee koko jutun niin omituiseksi. Olisi aivan
eri asia, jos sataisi jäätelöpuikkoja tai suklaalevyjä... silloin sen
käsittäisi." -Hessu