L'uomo di Altacraz

Tommy gorthan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 21:43:34 CET 2002

From: "Petri Kanninen" <pkannine at cc.hut.fi>

> Hi!
>
> I just reread Scarpa's masterpiece Topolino e l'uomo di Altacraz (Escapee
> from Altacraz, I TL 380-A). An amazing story indeed but there are a couple
> of places where the translator seems to have made some mistakes (or script
> s/he had received was faulty). On page 36 where chief O'Hara is about to
> shoot escaping Geronimo and Mickey pushes his hand up. In Finnish versioon
> O'Hara says "I'll shoot in the air!" which doesn't make any sense since
> Mickey is desperately pushing O'Hara's hand up.

I don't have the original comic "Topolino" 380 and 381 where the story where
first issue, but I have two reprints of it. In "Topomistery" 40 and "I
Grandi Classici Disney" 170 Chief O'Hara say "Sparerò per intimidirlo" which
signify "I'll shoot to intimidate him" and Mickey says "Attento, capo! M'è
sembrato Geronimo!" "Watch out, chief! He seems Geronimo to me!".

> Other suspicious line is
> on page 38 panel 1 where MM and OH see Geronimo's car going on an
> "airtrack". OH says "He drives on the airtrack." and MM says "Now he's
> heading towards the amusement park." Especially MM's line doesn't make any
> sense since he's watching his watch all the time.
> Can someone with the original version find out what the characters are
> saying at these moments?

That panel is more imperfect than the other one. O'Hara says "Santi Numi! Ha
imboccato il tracciato della ferrovia elevata!", in english: "Ye gods! He
turns into the route of the elevated railway!". Mickey instead says "Me...
Meno male che a quest'ora non ci sono treni in transito!" "It... It's just
as well that at this time there isn't passage of trains!".

I hope I help you!
Bye

Tommy --- gorthan at hotmail.com ---

«Tell me, mister governor... How does it feel to leave history?»
PKNA #14 "Carpe Diem"