PM #375 ...

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 12 16:06:00 CEST 2003

Hello everyone!

Got it a few days ago; possibly the last time I have to buy it to read a new Don Rosa story, since we will soon be able to read them in English again!

>>>first, the toy that was promised, a yoyo octopus, wasn't given
>>>with the issue, they replaced it at the last minute with an ancient
>>>issue of "Mickey Jeux" from 2001

A good thing too. They should stick to that. They've been including sillier and sillier gizmos to try & attract new readers. They'd better dig in their archives, see how they did it 20 years ago and do the same; i'm sure it would attract more readers if  they did it more seriously-- treu articles about really interesting subjedcts, not 20-words-max sentences about whatever trash is trendy.

>>>provided and colors are quite good.

There *is* a difference indeed.
I like "Le Clairon de Donaldville" ("The Duckburg Bugle"), quite akin to the former "Angle du Connaisseur".
And, judging from the new stories, it seems they have finally seen the light & dropped the godawful shaky lettering!

>>>In the "Clairon de Donaldville", pictures have been published, probably
>>>took from internet : the fandrawing with the clan mcduck, the one with the
>>>Ducks as characters of Lord of the Rings, and the stamps from 2000 from Aku Ankka...

They don't seem to ahve been taken from the Web (no pixels)-- but I'm just splitting hairs

This issue also features the stories from "Grandma Duck's Farm Friends" (with Dumbo, Zeke, ...) and one "Daisy Duck's Diary" drawn by Barks (March '60).

And now the most important...
"The Dream of a Lifetime" is a great story! I love it!
It's hard to make any more comments without spoiling anything.
Things I particularly like: dreams dream limits; calling for help; family reunion; finale (and the way the whole story made it possible).
Any rough idea how the stories will be published? In rough chronological order? Gary?

Have a nice week-end,

Olivier