Space travel in Barks' stories

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Aug 8 23:57:51 CEST 2003

SIGVALD GROSFJELD to GEO, 07-08-2003:

>> The Ducks travel through space, let me say that again TRAVEL
>> THROUGH SPACE

> I know, I know, but those are *fictional* stories by Barks -
> *Fictional* even in a Duckburg context.

Here we go again... This is according to your OPINION.
You make it sound as if you mention a fact. And it's not.

Either ALL Barks's stories are fictional, or NONE of them are.

At least, to my knowlegde Barks never drew a border between stories
that happened "for real", and stories that didn't. This border is
an invention by Rosa, not Barks. And Carl Barks and Don Rosa are
two completely different individuals. I have the feeling that some
people have difficulties with that FACT.

Carl Barks and Don Rosa are creators in their own right.
Why would one want to turn them into a siamese twin?

> In one of those stories Barks mentions a 6 meter high boy from
> Duckburg. In another such story he mentions a green man from
> Venus who lived on a golden moon for centuries without food or
> water. Off course that can't be taken too seriously.

> Once Don Rosa said: "There is no space-port in my Duckburg".
> That goes for my interpretation of Duckburg as well.

Don Rosa has made space stories with the Ducks, though.

--- Daniël