SV: Re: Daniel's comments

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Mon Aug 11 00:32:31 CEST 2003

Daniel van Eijmeren <dve at kabelfoon.nl> wrote:

> Are you out of apologies, and is this
> your next strategy?

First I am not out of apologies. I am always ready to apologize whenever
it's reguired. However recently (after I came back from Denmark)
I feel that I haven't done or said anything that really calls for an
apology. Furthermore a good friend who also reads DCML has told me in
private that there has been enough apologies - now it is a real improvement
in my style that is required.

>> No. This time most of the quarrelling has
>> occurred because some people takes my
>> statements to the extreme.
>
> Your statements *are* extreme.

This is pure generalizing and can't be taken to seriously. Fact is that my
statements are of varrying type.

>> My opinion is much more balanced than most
>> people realizes. For instance I was insulted
>> just because I used the word "cult".
>
> It wasn't just the word "cult". There were
> many other words.

Maybe so, but none of it was insulting or intended to be insulting towards
the "Wiccas".

> And notice that I was complaining about
> *another* subject you were involved in,
> not the wicca one.

True. But the atmosphere are a result of the wholeness, not just one
subject. I was just mentioning the other subject as an example.

> Well, I'm glad that you see that you may at
> least be ONE problem.

Well at least some people seems to make me look like a problem here.

> Then, behave that way.

That's exactly what my intention is. But it's very difficult to stay calm
when I feel that I am under frequent "fire".

> The heated atmosphere is mainly caused by
> your on-going bombing on this mailing list.

This is *not* true, at least not this time. I am *not* responsible for every
single harsh argument against me (Ref: the Wicca debate).

> I really don't care how it will end, Sigvald.
> I'm way past that point. I just want to have
> this on-going problem solved. That's my
> concern.

Well, I guess that you can help solving "this on-going problem" by not
taking this dispute to far.

Sigvald