Help in reconstructing fragmented memory

Mark Wright nicodemuslegend at cp.fuller.edu
Mon Aug 11 18:02:38 CEST 2003

When I was a little kid, I recall getting a Disney magazine that had
some comics in it, which I have never seen again.  I don't know if
anyone will remember it (or even how clear my own memory is), but I'd
appreciate any insight you guys can give.

Here's what I recall:

Time frame: Would have to be the late '70s/early 80's.

One of the comics featured Mickey Mouse with a Sherlock Holmes-like
character called "Sleuth."  I'd never seen this character anywhere
else.  Was this a one-time only character?  The comic begins with
Mickey asking something to the effect of "I thought we were going to
Trafalgar Square to feed the pigeons."

Another "comic" (Actually told in text blocks) was along the lines of
the "How to" Goofy cartoons.  This one was about mountain climbing.
One frame talked about how mountain climbers would be tied together in
a chain: "This way, when one man falls, they all fall!  This keeps the
team together."

I feel like this was available in grocery stores, but most comics were
available this way back then.  Also, it seems like it was a magazine,
more than a "comic" in the traditional sense.  I wonder if it might
have been connected to the short lived Mickey Mouse Club revival that
happened around that time, but that may be a red herring.

I hope this helps.  I look forward to your responses.

Mark Wright