Vehicles of Scrooge and the nephews

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Aug 12 00:47:47 CEST 2003

MATEUSZ LIS quoted some information, 11-08-2003:

> Scrooge McDuck [...]
> Vehicle: Various cars, but *always* he has a chauffeur.

This caught my eye. When someone says "always", I immediately start
thinking if I can show off some exceptions. :-)

I remember at least one exception in Barks's stories. There's a gag in
which Scrooge needs parts for his old car, and has to go the museum to
get them. (US 22) In this gag, Scrooge drives the car all by himself.

> Huey, Dewey, Louie [...]
> Vehicle: bicycles

I think there are a few Barks stories in which the nephews drive
Donald's car. I can think of only one example, the story about the
howlingest cat in the whole neighborhood. (WDC 76)

There's also Barks's script-only "A Day in a Duck's Life" (DD 138),
in which the nephews drive a seven speed screaming stunter that they
bought with their savings.

I'm curious for other exceptions and examples.

--- Daniël