$crooge, Grandma and Barks

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Aug 15 06:05:05 CEST 2003

SIGVALD GROSFJELD to OLAF SOLSTRAND, 15-08-2003:

> [...] some might thus say that [Rota] failed.

Geoffrey Blum, Marco Rota... Who'll be the next in line?

> And don't you think that Barks' managers at the time, would have
> seen such and act as a clear insult against Carl Barks' good name
> and reputation and thus sued Egmont for millions of $?

Imagine ANYONE sueing Egmont for stating that Scrooge and Grandma
are siblings! That's just nonsense, and I'll tell you why:

First,
even lawyers have a life.

Second,
a court room is no funny farm.

>> I think that even TODAY, one should be allowed to call himself a
>> "Barksist" without knowing this (IMO) rather unimportant fact.

> Maybe so, but wouldn't not knowing such basic details about the
> Ducks easily make such a person look a bit ignorant?

No, they wouldn't. Even Barks contradicted his own "facts".

>> Saying Scrooge was the brother of the wife of the son of Grandma
>> was as unlikely in Europe twenty years ago as it would have been
>> saying a thousand years ago that the Earth is round as a ball.

I didn't write this. What a serious act of disrespect! You got a
*whole* name wrong, instead of only a first name. You have access to
internet, so you easily could have checked that this comment came
from Emily Quack... er... Olaf Solstrand.

But... shall we conversate about some *positive* matters, Sigvald?

- Can you name five favourite artists?
- What are your favourite stories by these artists?
- Why do you like these stories?
- What are your favourite scenes?
- Which jokes did you like the most?
- What are your favourite characters?
- Are there situations in life which remind you of things you've read
  in comics?
- What's the first story you ever read?

--- Daniël