Pete

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Sat Aug 16 16:52:27 CEST 2003

M.J. Prior wrote:

> P.S.: Did you know that in Italy Pete's still called
> Pegleg Pete, even though he has two normal legs? His
> Italian name is Pietro Gambadilegno, which means Pete
> Wooden-Leg. Don't you think that's just LOVELY? I do!

I also remember learning when I was a little kid that in English he was
named "Peg-Leg Pete" and I grew up thinking he still was. I was a bit
shocked to fin out that he's not anymore... even his entry in the wikipedia
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Pete says Black Pete (I've been tempted
to change it, but it wouldn't be fair... I'll just add a note...)

Francesco
http://www.dimensionedelta.net/scarpa/