SV: Re: The Google-WEB Poll - Improved version

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Sat Aug 16 22:05:55 CEST 2003

Søren Krarup Olesen <raptus at stofanet.dk> wrote:

> Your analysis doesn't prove much, Sigvald, and
> your conclusion is based on many more
> assumptions than mentioned in your "Possible"
> errors.." paragraph.
>
> If I did a similar search on "Osama Bin Laden"
> and compared that to our Danish prime minister
> "Anders Fogh Rasmussen", the outcome would be
> (according to your so-called "scientific"
> method) that Bin Laden is a much more popular
> guy compared to Anders.

But the two are *not* comparable. The first is a extreme and evil terrorist,
the second a well respected politician. Thus they are mentioned on the net
for different reasons.

It's my assumption that Disney creators is a group of comparable individuals
who would be mentioned in the internet for the same reason. The more popular
they are the more they are mentioned.

> Did your study in history include any courses
> in statistics or how to gather public opinions?

No I don't have any such course. I used some statistics though. I did that
by using SPSS as a tool to help me analyse the frequencies of various types
of cases, etc. that I registered from old justice protocols from the period
1616-1642.

Sigvald