Olaf, Michiel: Topolino Noirway

Ole R Nielsen oleroc at tdcspace.dk
Mon Aug 18 18:36:12 CEST 2003

Olaf Solstrand:
>What? NOW I'm baffled and confused. Not that I'm familiar with the
>title "Topolino Noir", but if it's so popular I would have guessed it would
be
>out in Norway... And, are you saying that NO NINETIES' ITALIAN MICKEY
STORIES
>have been printed in Norway?
>Hmm... Did you use INDUCKS? If so, please note that most of the
>Norwegian "Pocketbok"s are not indexed... so they won't be listed. However,
if
>they're published in Sweden or Denmark, they most likely are here as well.
Are
>they?

Indeed. At least seven of these stories have been published in Danish pocket
books, and presumably also in Norway. I'm not sure about the numbers, but
you could look for them in  DD Pockets 198, 210, 221, and 225, Onkel Skrue
1999-06, and 2000-08, and also a christmas pocket from 1998.

>If not, I'm shocked. Yes, I think old Italian Mickey stories are good, but
that
>doesn't mean I don't want new ones... So what is going on?

The thing is that for a very long time, the pockets have been stuffed with
duck stories and usually only one Mickey story has been allowed. And a
couple of years ago this went and became replaced with an Egmont-produced
one. Not that thay are bad at all, but it's a crying shame, that with the
100-page pockets cancelled, there is now absolutely no titles with an open
slot for an Italian Mickey story in Egmont publications today.

>Not to be rude, Michiel, but... PLEASE tell me you're wrong here. If more
than
>a decade of good stories is hidden from us up here, I can't really seem to
>figure out why. So... Could it be that you have read wrong (or that INDUCKS
let
>you down), or is the Norwegian cimic situation really that bad?

As you can probably figure by (real) statistical analysis, we are currently
only getting a small fraction of what appears in Italian publications, week
in and week out, and not necessarily the most exciting bits: the Egmont
pocket books seem to rumble along in a very conservative manner, with little
room for experiments. Most sadly, it would appear that Gemstone's Take-Along
books are limited to taking material from these. It will be interesting to
see how the response to readers' requests will be, compared to the old
Gladstone days.

Michiel made only a small, but all to common logical error these days:
Assuming that unsuccesful research proves something not to exist. In this
case, not due to lack of diligence in searching, but incomplete inducks
data. Let that be a lesson to you all.

It is ironical under these circumstances to repeat my challenge: can anyone
find a Barks reference placing Scrooge's birth or childhood in Scotland?

-- Ole