Barks Consistency (and consistency in general)

Danehog@aol.com Danehog at aol.com
Mon Aug 18 19:51:32 CEST 2003

Nils wrote:

[snip]

> Did that make any sense at all? If not, I'm sorry. It's
> late but I just
> had to get this off my chest.

Actually, it made *perfect* sense, thanks! It's exactly what I was trying to say with some of my earlier, badly-written, half-baked contributions. (Using a period instead of a question mark? Writing "factuation" instead of "infactuation?" What is happening to me?)

These are *comic books*... *Disney* comic books. The inconsistencies are part of the fun--an open-ended fun that should be interpreted in various ways. I don't see why everything has to have such a strict continuity when there really isn't a true *reason* to. Barks molded and shaped his Duck "universe" (I'm really, really getting sick of that word) as he went along, and there's no reason why artists can't go in the directions they wish to--and contradict them!

I know this topic has been beaten to death by a large mallet, and I'm not helping, but I didn't want to interfere with the Mallet Universe, because it was established that all mallets are round instead of square, and I thought they were square, and Fawn Losa wanted to base his round mallet vision off the round mallet vision of the original creator. I hope no one was deeply offended.
--
Dane