Harry's statements, Bas Heymans (Re: Nitpicking)

Daniel van Eijmeren dve at kabelfoon.nl
Thu Aug 21 02:53:30 CEST 2003

HARRY "LUTHER" FLUKS, 19-08-2003:

> And here are some more off-topic statements about the mails of
> the past week, just "for the record": [...]
>
> 2. Everyone can use Inducks whenever they like,

Well, Mr. Nitpicker, not exactly whenever they like.
There are some server problems at COA, lately. :-)

> 3. I think the words "respect", "friendly", and "serious" have
> been misused too much lately.
> 4. The number of occurrences of "David Gerstein", "Olaf Solstrand"
> and "Don Rosa" on the Web indicate how many webpages and messsages
> are not only ABOUT them, but also TO and FROM them.

I've done a quick search *within* the DCML site. Here are some results:

- - - - - - -

search machine: http://www.google.nl
search command: [keyword] site:http://stp.ling.uu.se
note: results are incomplete, half of the DCML archive is missing

Barks                6,780
Rosa                 6,070
Gottfredson          1,060
Jippes                 863
Heymans + Heijmans     226 (214+12)
Donald              16,700
Mickey              11,500
Scrooge              6,710
universe               518
respect                280
serious                305
spelling               222

- - - - - - -

> 5. I think the work of Mau Heymans and Daan Jippes should be
> discussed more on DCML.

Well, go ahead then. I won't stop you. :-)

There's also Bas Heymans. Bas's stories are published often in the Dutch
weekly, lately. One recent beautiful story is about a pirate ship that
kidnaps Scrooge, Donald, and the nephews.

H 97246 Donald Duck: De schat van Zapp / Het geheimzinnige schip (23 p.)
English title/description: The treasure of Zapp / The mysterious ship
Plot & story: Jan Kruse
Art & ink: Bas Heymans
All appearances: Huey Dewey and Louie, Uncle Scrooge, Donald Duck
http://coa.inducks.org/coa/c1/story.php/0/H+97246

Is "De schat van Zapp" the working title, or something like that?

> 12. I've never heard of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, but the name
> sounds delicious.

Gary is keeping them all for himself, the tightwad! :-)

--- Daniël