On Gottfredson's Mickey Mouse Strips

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Tue Aug 26 14:49:01 CEST 2003

Hi everyone!

This MM strips conversation is very interesting-- and Harry's forwarded
message from Poul Frøkjær looks most interesting: thanks! I'll read it
later, even print it.

Cord:

A bit more taking into account Rich's remark on shipping (of  the safest
kind!)-- 50 cents?
Now, you could probably go to the library, go through hundreds of
newspapers, selecting the best available reprint (no creases, whiter paper,
larger image, ...) and photocopy them, then edit the whole thing & bind it.
I don't know how much it is around the US, but I know for sure photocopies
were 20 cents a page at the Library of  Congress in January 2003 (10 cents
in August 2000; it went up in 2001 I believe).
I'm not sure that would be much cheaper. It would be fun (at the beginning,
that is), but it would be a heck of  a lot of  work! Hours and days and
weeks and months!

In won't sell mine. So yours will be "only" half  what it could be.
Nyaaaaaaaaah  :D

Kat, like
>>>just like the works of Homer and Dickens.

Good point. Legally, though, the problem would be the definition of
"masterpiece" and "part of  the cultural heritage".

It was very expensive for me as well. A splendid present I made myself  for
passing the (highly) competitive exams to become a teacher.

Alecto:

Panels? Sorry, but I have no idea dn honestly don't feel like counting them.
The "back page"? Would that be the "last page"?
Here is a short description of  the last three days--
Dec 24: saving Minnie
Dec 25: netting the bad guys
Dec 26: party
Then it's a series of  gag-a-day strips running till January 17; on Dec 27,
Mickey wants to surprise Minnie.
I can't scan anything right now, I'm re-installing everything after
reformatting due to a mysterious incident-- the e-mail was the only thing
working; other than that, I was connected to electronic nothingess.

Best wishes,

Olivier