AW: MM dailies

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Thu Aug 28 01:08:15 CEST 2003

Poul Frokjar wrote:
>> And I can only recommend skipping eating for a couple of months if
>> that will buy you the lot. I have got it and believe me: It will
>> NEVER be reprinted without cuts etc. (not legally, anyway).

Daniel wrote
> In other words, let's go on hunger strike! :-)
>
> It will save you money for the elusive Mickey Mouse
> Gottfredson books, and it will make an important media
> event as a clear message to Disney that we don't take it any longer!!!

What a great idea! We will get international media coverage.
I already envision the headlines:

  They hunger for the mouse
  Disney comics fans worlwide in hunger strike to get
  early Mickey Mouse strips reprinted

  In a desperate attempt to force the Disney company to
  allow reprints of the first Mickey Mouse comic strips hundreds
  of comic fans all around the world have started a hunger strike.
  "We are not fanatics but normal guys who just happen to like
  comics and want to save our cultural heritage and the freedom
  of art", a representative of the group said. The Disney company
  was unavailable for comments. It is rumored though that the demands
  of the protesters are shared by many Disney employees.

Cord