Donald Duck newspaperstrip where it worked like a story?

BFOSTERLA@aol.com BFOSTERLA at aol.com
Sat Dec 6 18:18:02 CET 2003

From: Mads Jensen <madsj at raptus.dk>
Subject: Donald strips

RE: Are there any periods in the Donald Duck newspaperstrip where it worked
like a story of some kind with a part each day,..?

I wrote the Donald Duck strip from sometime in 1980 til sometime in 1990.
Sometime in the mid-  to late-80s I wrote a 6-week, gag-a-day continuity story
that was edited down to about 3 weeks by supervisors who assured me the reading
public would not read a continuity story. The story involved Donald, the kids
and Daisy going on a vacation with Scrooge to his rubber plantation in South
America. There were "preparing to go on vacation" gags, "traveling aboard a
ship" gags, "Amazon River" gags and assorted tightwad Scrooge gags set in a
far-off location. If I can find the gags, I'll share them in a future DCML.

Bob Foster