Carl Barks Library

Mattias Hallin cmhallin at algonet.se
Fri Feb 7 13:49:49 CET 2003

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Rodney w bowcock jr. wrote:

> A complete 1-to-10 set went for $1375 last April.

In comparison, I'm one of those who paid up front for the entire set, and
then got each volume as it came out... If my memory serves me, the price
then, back in the early/mid 1980s, was $810 for the complete CBL vol. I-X,
shipping to Europe included. Mind you, the dollar then was worth about
half what it is now...

Also, to this day I vividly remember getting the first shipment, with (I
think) the first six volumes to be published (this was how far the
project had advanced at the moment I decided to buy)... At the post
office, I picked up an enormous US Post Office canvas sack, heavy as I
don't know what, which I the proceeded to drag home... But oh, the pure
joy of opening that sack (I'm sure I've still got it tucked away
somewhere) and getting six CBL volumes out... :-)

Ah, memories... :-)

/Mattias

*** Mattias Hallin ** Brussels ** Belgium ** <cmhallin at algonet.se> ***
*             "Oh bury me thar! With my battered git-tar!            *
*************      A-screamin' my heart out fer yew!"    *************