Gr égoire/Gyro/Géo/Gregory/Ratchet... What a fowl!!!

goofy313g@aol.com goofy313g at aol.com
Sun Feb 9 19:13:33 CET 2003

OLIVIER:
>>>So Gyro's full first name would be "Gregory", right? I had never thought of  it.

I love this idea, even if you qualified it of a "foolish blunder"!
I had the same kind of reflection with the names of Huey, Dewey and Louie (in a
cartoon, it's spelt "Luey") Duck, and Quackmore...

So, Huey, Dewey and Louie are Donald Fauntleroy Duck's Nephews. Their French names
are Riri, Fifi, and Loulou. (In old stories, it was Oscar, Nestor and Désiré). In an
episode of the series "Quack Pack", their real names are said to be Huebert, Deuteronomy,
and Louis. I've never seen the French translation of the episode, so I don't know about
their real name in French. This could be Oscar, Nestor and Désiré, but I don't want to
consider this kind of old forgotten facts...

Quackmore Duck is Donald's Father. So, he is Huey, Dewey and Louie's Grandfather. His French
name is Rodolphe Duck.
But in a bad translation of an episode of Lo$, it was "Richard-Philippe-Louis". And I
immediately thought that it could very well be Huey, Dewey and Louies real French names
 (Riri=Richard, Fifi=Philippe, Loulou=Louis).

What do you think about this one, Olivier and everybody???
If somebody has other examples, tell them now, or shut
up forever!!! :-)
I like to observe these facts, even if they were not intended to happen
by Don Rosa.

Gilles Maurice
http://goofy313g.free.fr/calisota_online/