Birth of Ducks

sgarciab@soluziona.com sgarciab at soluziona.com
Mon Feb 17 12:31:26 CET 2003

Cord:

>>If I take a generation as 30 years there were 67 generations since the
birth of Christ. So I could have 2^67 = 150.000.000.000.000.000.000
ancestors in the year 0.

Accuarte calculation, indeed. There is just one little fail: there are not
that many people on the world nowadays (even much less in year 0). You have
forgotten to remark that your calculation assumes that, since year 0, there
have been no one marriaging between related ones (even far-related ones).
That's, if I'm not wrong.

Nonetheless, the rest of the reasonment is quite OK.

Santiago.