Pigs

Dan Rosenberg dortmunder at mad.scientist.com
Mon Feb 17 21:53:29 CET 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerstein, David DK - ECN" <DGE at ECN.egmont.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:14:18 +0100
To: dcml at stp.ling.uu.se, "'Cord Wiljes'" <cord at wiljes.de>
Subject: RE: Birth of Ducks

David wrote:
>I'm sorry to pick nits, but Daisy's friend is a Susy Swan, a swan,
>and Susy's boyfriend is not a boar who can only say "snort", but Deltoid
>Biceppa, an sort of ape (or apelike dog?) who can only say "grunt".
>This is very important for those of us who are interested in pigs,
>apes, grunting, and snorting. :-)

Ah, good point, David. I am tempted here to quote the great 19th Century poet and pigologist Sir Swinely P. Mudpuddle: "O, but to truly
know a pig! A pig, a pig, a pig. It is in all things man finds pigs, even the lowliest of dogs. O, Snort! And hie unto far hills, thou porcine
tubbishness!"  Now, you may wonder what this has to do with anything, and rightly so, as it, in fact, has nothing to do with anything. But, if
I happen to stumble upon a meaning for this delivery, you shall be the first to hear of it.
  His High Crustiness
  The Right Piggish Swiniel Rosenbelch

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig."