Don Rosa stories in the Dutch weeklies

H.W.Fluks@telecom.tno.nl H.W.Fluks at telecom.tno.nl
Mon Feb 24 19:45:55 CET 2003

Hi Bernard, and welcome to the non-lurking DCMLers! 8-)

> Actually there where several stories of
> Don Rosa published in the Donald Duck. The first that
> I know of is the story: The Money Pit.

There were a few more, that were written either by Dutchmen, or (partly) by Barks.
But after those few stories, Rosa only appeared in the weekly in mini-booklets, where his artwork is printed too small...

> This isn't well known by you, Don Rosa, because you
> never got copies of your work that where published in
> other countries as you've said many times know.

Don *does* get copies, but not from the editor. He gets them from me. 8-)

> By the way, for Dutch readers of the mailing list,
> I've a good hunch that Don's story: Giro's First
> Invention will be published in the Donald Duck Extra
> nr. 4 of this year. For more information about that,
> you can go too the following site:
> http://members.lycos.nl/sanderdonaldduck/index.php

Interesting! Very well spotted by Sander Dijkhuis!

Here's a short translation:
<<
If you look at the letter page in weekly #8, you see a [small] picture of DD EXTRA #4 [which is not in the shops before the end of March!].
And if you look at the cover carefully, you see Donald hanging on a rope with a torch from a hole in the money bin.
And this also happens in "Gyro's First Invention"...

--Harry.
Harry Fluks, Leidschendam, The Netherlands
http://dd50.inducks.org
http://bolderbast.inducks.org