Disney Adventures Game Time Special (Winter 2002-2003)

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Mon Jan 6 12:06:25 CET 2003

	Hey Shad,

>This (special video-game-themed) issue contains no comics!
>
>But it does contain an article about an Italian Paperinik
>video game that will soon be brought to the USA.  The
>English title of the game will be "(Disney's) PK: Out
>of the Shadows."  The main news that I find interesting
>is that the English name for "Paperinik" will not be
>"Superduck," it will be "PK" (which is short for
>"Platyrhynchos kineticus," supposedly Latin for "duck
>of energy").

	They can't call him Superduck because in the United States, Archie
Comics owns a character by that name.
	On the other hand, they could have called him Duck Avenger, as he
was called when he previously appeared in Disney Adventures. Nothing like
consistency, is there...

	David