Barks font without Danish/Norwegian special characters

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Jan 20 10:39:05 CET 2003

SIGVALD:

> > Greek, Cyrillic and more country
> > specific characters.
>
> These are complete diffirent alfabets and
> is *not* a topic here.

Um, *why*?

> Once again - mentioning Greece and Russia here
> is *not* correct - this is a discussion about
> the LATIN alfabet only.

Again, *why*? If you feel offended or neglected, because the designers of
the Barks font neglected to support your alphabet, how should I feel, when
you specifically exclude my alphabet when you discuss extending the font?

BTW, the Barks font contains more characters than those required to
render Latin, even if you remove the letters with diacritical marks!
You probably wanted to say something like "Western European".

While on the topic of this font, was it made by digitizing letters
from Barks' comics? If so, then any letters with diacritical marks
in the font are probably extrapolations, as I doubt if Barks used
such letters. Perhaps he, too, was a little bit chauvinistic or not
informed. :-)

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"When you travel around as much as *I* do, it's almost inevitable that you'll
 run into yourself at some point!"
-----