AW: MMiC and "The Fine Art Book"

Cord Wiljes cord.wiljes at biblioforum.de
Tue Jun 17 23:02:36 CEST 2003

Gary Leach wrote:

> As for "Mickey Mouse in Color", again I was not involved in
> the original planning, but was definitely up to my neck in the actual
> production - as was John Clark and Susan Daigle-Leach, among others.
> It, too, was a grand vision realized, though I have to admit that the
> battle scars from getting it published have left me a little
> less able to appreciate it for its own sake.

I believe "Mickey Mouse in Color" to be among the greatest books ever.
In fact I recently made a thought experiment: If I had to chose among my
2000+ books and 7000+ comics the ten items I would take with me to a deserted
island - which ten items would those be? "Mickey Mouse in Color" made it
into the list:

http://www.biblioforum.de/forum/read.php?f=3&i=10&t=10

The book is still available at original price (10+ years after its publication)
so I suppose demand was not very high. Do you have any idea why it obviously
did not sell as much as it deserves?

Cord