MMiC and "The Fine Art Book"

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Wed Jun 18 08:24:16 CEST 2003

CORD:

> The book is still available at original price (10+ years after its publication)
> so I suppose demand was not very high. Do you have any idea why it obviously
> did not sell as much as it deserves?

If you are talking about the deluxe version, there is one very obvious reason:
as great as the book might be, both in terms of content and of production
value, it has two severe drawbacks: you can't hold it in your hands to read
it, and it is impossible to put in a bookshelf--the book is *huge*! It is more
like something meant to be placed on a coffeee table so that you can show off
to your friends, bragging about how much you payed for it. I only bought it
because I didn't pay close attention to Gladstone's ad, where they specificly
mentioned the book's dimensions. I ended up storing it flat in my stereo rack,
as it is the same size as my stereo components, and this was the only place
where I could fit it!

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Sorry, but I'm from the twentieth century and I have no idea what you're
  talking about."
-----