De Paperinik PKque

Stefan Persson spe at inducks.org
Mon Mar 3 21:18:45 CET 2003

Tommy wrote:

> In PK, this last serie, Paperinik doesn't exist: the name PK come from
> the code written on PK's weapon, which is "PK2370", how you noticed.

In Sweden that code was changed into "SK2370" so that he still keeps his
old name.

>  I think this serie is worse than the two previous series,
> overall because of the cancellation of the Paperinik's origins, but it
> seems that this serie is selling more comics than the second one...

Hm...  Could that be because of the video game?  I personally think that
PKNA and PK² are *much* better than the third PK series.

>  jadorno at jjay.cuny.edu <mailto:jadorno at jjay.cuny.edu> wrote:
>
> > PK's second appearance was last December, in the video game, Disney's
> > PK, released for Sony Playstation and for Nintendo Game Cube
> > console
>
> In those games the name PK come from the latin words Platyrhyncos
> Kineticus, which means Energized Duck...

Has that "Platyrhyncos Kineticus" thing been used anywhere else?  I have
so far only seen the first two parts of the third PK series, and they
don't contain any strange new names, at least not in the Swedish
translation.

Stefan