AW: RE: Gemstone/Gladstone [was: The return of Disney Ducks comics

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Wed May 7 17:54:12 CEST 2003

xephyr at cwnet.com wrote:

>> And since we already have a DELLa Duck I also
> propose:
> - Goldkey Glomgold: Flintheart's father
> - Whitman Goose: Gus' nephew: slim, intelligent
>   and hard-working
> - Egmont McDuck: Scrooges twin, hatched from
>   the same egg, separated at birth
>
>> I like this concept, and it would be a nice
>> tribute to all the years of Disney comics.
>> Of course we couldn't have a "twin" for
>> Scrooge since there's enough controversy
>> over whether or not Gideon is truly his
>> brother (as a Scarpa-fan, I don't have much
>> problem with it, though). So, maybe Egmont
>> could be the financial genious son of Matilda
>> Ludwig von Drake? :-)

A very good and well thought idea indeed! However his name would normally be
Egmont von Drake - unless he takes his mother's family name in order to get
attention in the financial world. Such a character gould have financial
talents from his mother's side combined with scientific talents from his
father's side - a real match for Scrooge. Reminds me of a Western where
Calamity Jane finally meet a lady who was able to defeat her in several
diciplines (swearing, poker, drinking, fighting and shooting) and in the end
discovered that the other lady was her own long disapeared mother. One idea
could be that this "Egmont von Drake" could be identical with the phantom in
Notre Duck? That would explain why he look familiar with Scrooge.

The problem is that Egmont would probably not accept this idea - even though
they do accept obscure characters like thise Gideon - because they dosen't
accept any marriage between Matilda McDuck and Ludwig von Drake.

Sigvald :-)