AW: how to get the new Gemstone Disney magazines

Cord Wiljes cord at wiljes.de
Mon May 12 09:04:48 CEST 2003

Sigvald wrote:

> But thanks for remining me to mention that during this weekend only I have
> got 6 (six) spam-mails (two including so-called uncertain elements) to this
> mail-account. As the only way this adress is published on the internet and
> thus made available to the spam-terrorists is via DCML, Soren Krarup Olesen
> and other experts here maybe could consider relevant counterattacks.

Sorry, the only possible strategy is either ignoring the spam mail or setting
up a spam filter on your computer. Spam mailers collect eMail addresses via
spiders, which are programms which automatically browse the WWW and collect
eMail addresses. So sooner or later everybody who posts to DCML is indexed
because DCML messages are archived in the Mail Archive as well as in the
Newsgroups archive on Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?group=fa.disney-comics

Best wishes
Cord

P.S.: Here you find a hillarious article by someone who actually tried to
contact one of the infamous spammers which offer million dollar transactions:
http://www.willcoxinfo.bravepages.com/