OT - about DCML messages online

Theresa Wiegert theresaw at oso.chalmers.se
Mon May 12 09:50:44 CEST 2003

Cord:
> Sorry, the only possible strategy is either ignoring the spam mail or
> setting up a spam filter on your computer. Spam mailers collect eMail
> addresses via spiders, which are programms which automatically browse
> the WWW and collect eMail addresses. So sooner or later everybody who
> posts to DCML is indexed because DCML messages are archived in the Mail
> Archive as well as in the Newsgroups archive on Google:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?group=fa.disney-comics

ARgh! I never realized that the addresses from the DCML-mailing will be
put online in that manner! And I have gone to great extent to protect my
current emailaddress. Is there any way of *not* making the addresses
viewable for spam collectors for this mailinglist? On my own homepage I
don't write out the @-sign (I make it "at" instead or _at_ or somethng
similar, and in the link I add a REMOVE_THIS after the address. That has
proved to be successful, until I started writing more to the mailinglist,
and stupid me never saw the connection (even though I do know that the
conversations are available online). It would be nice to continue to
sometimes write to the list, of course, so best would be if something
could be done about the appearance of our addresses publicly.

Is there perchance a pine-guru here on the list who might be able to give
some tips on how to make pine (mailprogram for linux/unix) filter incoming
mails?

/Theresa