Ducks, eggs, human beings: the ultimate solution

xephyr@cwnet.com xephyr at cwnet.com
Tue May 13 03:23:36 CEST 2003

It would appear that this debate has come to an impass.  From what I've
read here there is no grounds for Sigvald's claim that Duck's in the Duck
Universe give live mammal birth as there are no instances recorded in
Disney comics of such an event.  The one piece of evidence he claims to
have is a supposed "mammal-birth" by Grandma Duck.  I admit that I do not
have my copy of the story available, but if memory serves, I believe that
story only depicted Grandma Duck as "pregnant" and did not show her
actually "giving live birth" to a Duckling.  Therefore, in light of all the
actual evidence of previous stories depicting Ducklings "hatching" from
eggs, I must conclude that the best evidence that can be surmised by the
Rosa story is that Grandma Duck was merely pregnant with an "egg" which she
would have "laid" from which would come a live Duckling.

I still am totally baffled as to why it is so imparitive that Grandma Duck
or any Duck in the Duck Universe to give live mammalian birth to their
children?  It is a universe that does not concern itself with duplicating
every detail of the "real" world (else we would be reading about Grandma
Human rather than Grandma Duck), so what is so necessary for Ducks to be
considered "humans" when, IMHO, it's enough to consider them "people."

Are "Ducks" people?  Yes!!!
Are "Ducks" human? No!!!

Thanks,

Rich Bellacera