SV: Re: Bullshit

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Thu May 15 05:13:17 CEST 2003

SIGVALD:
> They'll do it because you are a Norwegian. And I guess the most important
> such these days!

Well, but that only proves that ones does NOT have to be one of the major
developers to get it onto the front page.

> > I guess they feel that putting his name on
> > front pages would SELL more.
>
> Indeed. And why? I guess because he's impotant.

No, because he writes great stories. Theres a major difference in writing
great stories and being a great developer.

> Romano Scarpa IS among "the major famous creators".

He IS, now? You certainly didn't approve his character Gedeon - a good
character with several appearances - while you concider everything found in
the bottom-right corner of a dialogue balloon by Don Rosa to be pure facts.

> Oooops, Olaf - V not X - Lo$ part VIII is the correct number.

Uhm... Eh... No, I was referring to Lo$ XIII now... Uhm... No, you're right.
Of course. My mistake. Ils sont fous ces Romans!

> > Don Rosa, if you're reading this: If you feel
> > that I attack your name and reputation by
> > writing this, please let me know. That surely
> > was not my intention.
>
> No it was not, even I can see that now.

In that case I don't see why you accused me for it.

STEFAN:
> Olaf: Do you know if your name will be on the Swedish and Danish weeklies
as well?

OK, I was misunderstood. They won't use my NAME - but they will include a
frame from the story on the front page and write something like "funny story
written by new, NORWEGIAN writer!" OK, that's not my name, but it's pretty
close upto it.

Olaf the Blue