Whatever happened to Scrooge?

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Oct 3 17:27:31 CEST 2003

Cord Wiljes <cord at wiljes.de> wrote:

> I know this image and to me it is one of the
> most moving and deeply-felt tributes to the
> ongoing Duck-saga I have ever seen. It is
> perfect in every detail:
>
> - Scrooge lies in a simple grave under grass...

You are right that the grave is not a complex one, but it's definately *not*
simple in the way that word is used in Norwegian. Graves like that are 100%
normal so there are no reason what so ever to read any kind of disrespect
for the memory of $crooge from his heirs, out of this grave.

> - the gravestone has the inscription "Fortuna
> favet Fortibus" (from the Barks oil painting
> "Till Death do us Part"

There is one more thing - a dollar sign in stead of a christian cross. As
this drawing wasn't drawn for any official Disney publication I guess that
this wasn't done to make the drawing fit some kind of "political
correctness", but because that's how Don really sees it.

And thinking about this analysis of that picture leads me to a new question:
Is this grave located somewhere in or nearby Duckburg, or is it located in
or nearby the McDuck grave yard at Dismal Downs?

Sigvald