SV: No place like home

Sigvald Grøsfjeld jr. sigvald at duckburg.dk
Fri Oct 3 18:12:06 CEST 2003

Daniel J. Neyer <jerryblake2 at juno.com> wrote:

> But how about Gladstone? Barks has shown him
> as living next to Donald (in RED APPLE SAP)
> as have Ron Fernadez and Pat Block (in TOO
> LATE FOR CHRISTMAS), and Michael Gilbert's
> recent PARTY OF NONE also gives him a definite
> address. Can anyone think of a story that
> shows Gladstone as having no permanent address?

He has a permanent address, but it's *not* next to Donald's house.
See Barks WDC 140 "Gladstone's secret" from 1952 and Don Rosa's "The Triple
Distelfink" (1998).

> Grandma, of course, has her farm, but where
> does Scrooge live? DUCKTALES gave him a
> mansion, as did CHRISTMAS ON BEAR MOUNTAIN,
> but I've seen at least one Tony Strobl story
> that shows him as living in the Money Bin.

And so does the one guy that yopu for some reason seems to ignore at this
time - Don Rosa, in "The Beagle Boys vs The Money Bin" (2001).

Sigvald