A panel covering another panel!

Fernando Ventura fernandopventura at uol.com.br
Sun Oct 12 20:48:01 CEST 2003

Sigvald:

"In stead the panels seems to be randomly arranged and sometimes with parts
of one panel
covering another panel – just like in modern super-hero comics. "

I did it ALL the time on my stories and it was the ONLY thing the editors
never criticize on my drawing during that time! Indeed, it's the thing they
most liked on my work!

I think there's thousands of possibilities to tell stories with different
layouts! I don't see why everybody *need* to work with the tradicional 3 or
4 tier layout! There's THOUSANDS of different great ways to tell Disney with
the same quality as the old masters and the new masters with tradicional
points on theirs art!

It's different, original, dynamic, but it brings you thousands of new
problems, specially to keep clear to the reader what panel goes after the
previous, after the previous, after the previous...!

By the way, I'd love to see a scan of D 2002-137 "Avalons duggdråpe", so I
can judge it in a better way! Maybe Fecchi wasn't able to work with a
different layout properly, or maybe he was! I don't know...

Or maybe...brazilian and italian Disney artists are completely crazy and
nobody was able to saw that yet! (And maybe this also explain why we had
worked with Ludwigs and  Fethrys and Mobys so much) :P

Fernando!