Uncle Scrooge Reference In Buffy The Vampire Slayer Book

ZeldasTriforce@aol.com ZeldasTriforce at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 10:00:47 CEST 2003

This is the second time I'd read a reference to Scrooge in a Buffy book.
Can't recall which book that came from. This excerpt is from the Buffy book
"Mortal Fear" page 270. Later in the book, mention of the beagle boys is made,
though I'm not sure if it was inspired by the actual Beagle Boys, since the
villians just happened to be dogs. May not be a reference or unconsciously-inspired
by the comics/TV show.

They'd woken up Anya, who said it had better be good. She had dreamed of
diving in a big swimming pool full of coins, like that duck that wore a top hat.
"Why don't more ducks take an interest in haberdashery?" she asked.

"I don't know" Xander said. "Maybe their hats fall off when they fly?"

Anya frowned. "Maybe there's an answer in one of your books. Why don't you
look for that?"

Scroogey's fame is growing. ;)

Derek Smith