US Comic Book Sales- September 2003

SRoweCanoe@aol.com SRoweCanoe at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 13:07:43 CEST 2003

In a message dated 10/16/2003 3:52:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ZeldasTriforce at aol.com writes:
<<As for US and WDC, I guess they've found their niche. I see them staying
about the same in sales for the foreseeable future. >>

since most comic book shops in the usa only feature superheroes and related
genres, I;m really surprised to see Mickey  actually selling 7,000 copies in
comic shops (and are we on this list buying all the 5,500 copies of WDC&S).   Is
Gemstone selling comics outside the direct market?  If so - that is where i
would expect sales to be (after all Heavy Metal sells 300,000 copies outside of
the direct market, Archies from 70,000-150,000  per comic outside the direct
market)

steven rowe