DCML Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

kimba1962@comcast.net kimba1962 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 2 01:56:19 CEST 2003

Olivier asked,

> I also like the opening of "The Many Faces of Magica de Spell", where she
> tries to break the bin open by controlling the weather. I seem to remember
> another similar story, with a meteor. A ten-pager?

No, this last scene was featured in "For Old Dime's Sake", U$ 43, and it was
actually on the SIXTH page of the story.  Magica spent the first part of the
opus trying (and failing) to crack open Scrooge's bin with the forces of
nature before going the more prosaic "disguise oneself as Scrooge and
infiltrate" route.  FWIW, a Magica-moderated meteor attack on the bin also
appeared in "The Unbreakable Bin" (1989), DUCKTALES' kinda-sorta adaptation
of "The Unsafe Safe."

Chris Barat