Duckworth

JTorci3511@aol.com JTorci3511 at aol.com
Fri Sep 12 16:56:33 CEST 2003

"My Pal" David Gerstein writes:

"it's just as likely that Duckworth is inspired by those butlers as by the
original Edgerton."

I'd tend to agree.  Duckworth most likely assumed the regular role of
Scrooge's butler to give the depiction of "mansion life" in the DUCKTALES series a
more consistent look.  Note, too, the interior shots of the mansion were
remarkably consistent from episode to episode.  As opposed to something like THE
FLINTSTONES, where the interior of Fred and Wilma's house looked and was furnished
differently IN EVERY EPISODE.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet, but Duckworth did appear in
William Van Horn's "Snore Losers", from Disney Comics' DONALD DUCK ADVENTURES # 5
(OCTOBER, 1990).  I'd imagine this was his only appearance outside of actual
DUCKTALES comics.

Joe Torcivia.