Correspondence and... (OT)

Gerstein, David DK - ECN DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Thu Sep 25 15:50:34 CEST 2003

	Hey Kai!

>>     Geez, how many historians are there on the list now? :-)
>>
>>     I have counted three (Mike, Kai and Sigvald). More?

	Yep. I graduated in history as well and continue to be fascinated by
it...

>My guess is that Carl Barks has inspired many of us in various ways. At
>least for me, his stories got me interested in history. Is the same true
>for the other historians in the group?

	Well, I have always loved the work of Barks, but it was Floyd
Gottfredson, my no-holds-barred favorite, whose work interested me most in
history. Thanks to the 1920s and 1930s pop culture I discovered through
Gottfredson's work, there was no question about what field of study I wanted
to train in...

	David